Friday, February 26, 2010

Shabby Antiques In Shokan


In the Catskills, there’s little bargain shopping to be had in the winter.   But, I suppose since it’s a holiday weekend, this little antique barn put a sign out on Route 28 announcing an estate sale, so I made a U-turn to investigate.




In the future, you will hear me complain I have few ‘props’ in the studio.   This is due to a) I don’t have any money, and b) I’m very particular. My heart has to stop beating in order for me to even pick something up to study it, let alone buy it.














I'll take you to this in March.  I went to their tent sale in September and was pleasantly surprised.

I didn’t see anything I wanted, but in case one of these shabby things interest you, call the proprietor at 845-657-6252.    He seemed like a nice man and stated he’s always buying and selling.




The yard sale season up here is from a little before Memorial Day weekend to late October, so we’ve many months to go.



Time to go home and play in the studio!




Till next time, stay shabby!