Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A Blue and White Christmas in Honor of Cindy’s Romantic Home

Cindy Kihn Santiago needs no introduction in the blog world, but in case you haven’t heard of her blog My Romantic Home, she’s been featured in Romantic Homes, interviewed by big decorating blogs like houzz, and her blog has over a million visits.   And she’s a regular person, not a designer: she’s a single mom with a full-time cubicle job.    She invokes a haven of beauty in the impossible bones of a 1960s garden apartment.



The incredible Cindy prefers a blue and white seaside shabby cottage holiday theme, refreshing in the predominantly pink realm of shabby romantic décor.


In the 1990s, my tree had that look, inspired by the beauty of the Brookhaven-Bellport-Patchogue area of my native Long Island.




I took out my c. 1985 ceramic Margaret Furlong seashell ornaments and played with them in a cluster of vintage blue ornaments, and featured a putto I’ve had since college because Cindy loves them.
I wonder how she’d like a little blue village of holiday houses?









Or, a white stocking for her little dog Beau with an aqua blue garland hung by the chimney with care?

You won’t regret visiting her blog, My Romantic Home.

Until next time, stay shabby!