Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Visit to Rachel Ashwell’s Shabby Chic Couture in NYC



Or, should I say a pilgrimage to the Queen of Shabby Chic’s store at
    117 Mercer Street in the SoHo district of New York City?!


Alas, New York traffic being what it is, coupled with the fact I thought I’d try to make it in on a Sunday afternoon while driving past New York from the Catskills to Long Island, I didn’t get there before they closed.   But, the lights were still on and I took pictures of what I could.



Alas, again, while I laud her for following her heart and designing from her heart, I don’t care for the new ‘bare & spare’ look she’s into.   To me, it isn’t ‘pretty’.   The dark leathers and bohemian fabrics, while nice, just don’t appeal to me.



This chandelier is new, and the wire frame is so simple I bet I could replicate it.   It’s about $100 in crystal prisms from Gallery 84, and I’ll bet it goes for $1,000 here in high-rent SoHo.   I couldn't see the tag.



Plain everyday plates on an interesting chippy silver table I think she calls a Lilliput, after her daughter.     Maybe I’ll make something chippy silver!



Signature French "Darcy" chair over $400 each once you add tax.



A cute shabby roses clock.


I will return here early some time and get a closer look, I promise!  Thanks for coming along.

Until next time, stay shabby!