Friday, April 16, 2010

My Shabby White Slipcovered Loveseat


Do you notice anything different?    My loft ladder is gone!    My King popped in as I was trying to cat’s paw the nails in the floor out.    He grabbed the sledgehammer and in four or five thwacks had that ladder torn off!


Granted, I have to go outside and get it whenever I want to go to the loft, but the open space is worth it.   I'm very excited about the new possibilities.

I moved my Martha Stewart Kmart wicker loveseat first.   I bought it ten years ago as a part of a patio set for $200.   I love it here, but I also haven’t needed to go into my china cabinet yet.   I tried it with the chair and table this way, but liked them switched around better.


Before switching table.


After switching table.

The white denim slipcover is from my Ikea Ektorp loveseat, which remains in storage as there’s no way I can get it across our bridgeless creek and up the mountain at this time.   I can’t believe how much nicer it looks than the tablecloth I used to have spread over it.   I almost sold all my Ikea living room furniture - boy am I glad I didn't!


The cushions are too big for the wicker loveseat, so I put pillows on.
I actually like them all shabby-sloppy.   Not that it would be easy to sit there.


Just for kicks and giggles I put my antique chandelier on the ground the way Rachel Ashwell does!


The chair is this chippy white fold-up I've had since college.

A tiny space needs 'plastic' furniture ;-).



Eventually, I decided to be a good girl and arrange the pillows nicely.
I can’t wait to play around with it more!



‘Till next time, stay shabby! Pin It

30 comments:

KATHY said...

I love every inch of it!! Looks so beautiful...Kathy

Jojo said...

It's beautiful! I know it a studio bit it's so lovely, I know I would be distracted inside!

Marilyn said...

EYE-CANDY!!
Have A Wonderful Weekend!!
Love,
Marilyn

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

Sandy, it's just beautiful, what a pretty transformation. If I were there I wouldn't want to leave :) Happy Friday, T

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Ohhhh it is so pretty Sandy ! I would never never want to leave ~
xoxo
Lori

Victoria said...

Your sofa looks very comfy with all those pillows! I love all the candles on your mantel...so pretty:)

Jackie said...

It's Lovely! Shall we call you "Rachel, Jr"??

Have a wonderful weekend!

Wesley said...

Just wondering when you would be available to come decorate my home? :) Thank you for sharing your beautiful oasis and inspiring me!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

STUNNING...

Cabin and Cottage said...

What a cozy spot! I have a settee on my porch that I treated the same way with big pillows for seat cushions and more pillows. It's a great place to curl up and visit or daydream. All your candles are dreamy too. Most of us just have a retreat like this in our HEAD! Best to You, JQ

misskp said...

soooo pretty and soothing. I can almost feel the calm! I love the wicker settee...sink-in ready! Thanks for sharing your sanctuary!

karen

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Oh my gosh, it looks so beautiful!!! I can tell you are having so much fun! I wish I could come over and play!!! haha!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

wow! the setting just like in the Rachel Ashwell catalogs or books.. sooo beautiful!

A Cottage Muse said...

So beautiful Sandy ~ I can't wait to see you published in a magazine which will be very, very soon!!

BellaRosa said...

Sandy amor, I think everything looks just BEAUTIFUL! I would love to just sit in that beautiful studio of yours and enjoy all that beauty...thats not asking for much right :) Have a beautiful weekend! Besos, Rose

Debby said...

Everything is amazing, so beautiful.
debby

Atelier de Charo said...

So beautiful room!!!

Hugs
Charo

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Love the slipcovers and pillows, Sandy! LOL @ chandy on the floor ala Ashwell, so fun. How wonderful to have such a lovely cottage to play in! Thanks for sharing all the fun with us!

Cheers!
Tina

June said...

Sandy I have missed so much in my time away and I cannot believe the gorgeous posts I have missed here. I am in awe of your style and the grace that shows up in all your decor.
I loved your awesome chippy pantry. Heart be still.
hugs

Chatelaine said...

What a gorgeous room! It's so soft and romantic and lovely by candlelight.

Bella said...

Just like a dream.. I would never leave!
Bella

Andrea said...

I love everything white! That couch is lovely!

Crystal said...

Breathtaking!!!! Every time I look I'm willing to scrap everything I own and start all over!!! When you begin consultations I want to be one of the first on the list! Rachel Ashwell had better look out!

Rose Garden Romantic said...

So dreamy!!! I love everything!!
Michelle

Mikey said...

I love it! I want to build a large addition on my home and decorate it like this! I hope you'll check out my blog!

Marina at Shabby Whites said...

g-o-r-g-e-o-u-s
I love it all.
~Marina

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

I'm LoViNg It!*!*! ~ Especially with that simple "pop-of-color" on your perfectly chippy green table!!! FaBuLouS Pics!!! Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy! P.S. Anne Sent Me...

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

Breathtakingly Beautiful ~ Anne(F&T) was right ~ she said we would All Love it~

heading off to work right now, but will be back soon to sit & read.....

benchwarmer said...

i'll be on my way with book in hand. think i could get a lot of reading done there! simply beautiful.

La Maison Reid said...

It's beautiful. I've really enjoyed ready all about your shabby white cottage all over the internet. You've done such nice things there...really a dream!
xoxo
Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails