Monday, March 8, 2010

My Paper Slipper a la Marie Antoinette



I bet I know what you’re thinking…"I’ll never come back to this blog for craft ideas again!"    I didn’t have any thing to reference when I sketched the sole.    Look at how ludicrous it came out!



But, I had a blast making it.   Three hours well spent.



It’s made with stuff I had already.   The crepe paper is a streamer from the dollar store, the German glass glitter is from DorisDotz  (1oz. for $4 plus $2 shipping) on Etsy, the print is No. 110 from Tattered Vintage ($3), and the curly feathers are from a $2 bird from Michael’s.



Before I began blogging, I saved pretty pictures from the web for my own personal enjoyment without thought or care of the provenance.    This is one of them, and again I must write “if anyone knows the artist please contact me so I can give proper credit”.



How did s/he get the flimsy crepe pleated paper rosette so neat and evenly folded?


I don’t have a selection of brooches like lucky Charlene over at My Heart’s Ease  has.   I would’ve used the fleur-de-lis.    I made a circle shape of rhinestones to resemble a brooch or button.    It’s overscale for the slipper, I think I’ll look for something more appropriate.



It reminds me of the slipper worn by this naughty young lady in Fragonard’s “Les Hasards Heureux de l'Escarpolette”, (The Happy Accidents of the Swing), known to Americans simply as ‘The Swing’.    Oh, the verve and frivolity of this sweet painting!    And to think I was taught to not take Rococo Art seriously in college! Serious is boring!


I am sharing this at Treasures & Trinkets Thursday over at My Cottage Charm.

Until next time, stay shabby!


 
Pin It

19 comments:

Norma said...

What a wonderful whimsical project :)

Sheila said...

YOur shoe is stunning. I can not find a thing wrong with it. I love teh crly feathers, they are wonderful. Great job...

Marilyn said...

Hey....Love the slipper!! I have never made one but I am willing to try!!
Love "the swing"....art!!?? It is everyone's preference!!
Enjoy the Day!
Marilyn
xxoo

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

I love the results of your 3 hours ~ sooo beautiful and elegant !!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

I think your little shoe is just darling!
Debbie

Rose Garden Romantic said...

I agree- serious IS boring! I love your gorgeous slipper you have created!
Michelle

huntedtreasures said...

Practice makes perfect I think you did good for your first time, I have the same problem but do not give up I am sure you will get it. By the way love the outcome, Where did you get the slipper from?

Hugs,
Maria

Charlene said...

LOVE the shoe!!!!!!! Just got back from being gone all week & had to catch up on your blog. LOVE all the posts you have done while I was away. I called the guy(Bob) from the sale you went to because I wanted that tray you saw. He had sold it. BUMMER! He thought he had another one & was going to the barn to check it out. Love the little green table you showed too. HUGS! Charlene

Blue Creek Home said...

I just found your blog...I guess I have been under a rock!!! I love it and signed up to follow.

Rhonda

tina, theoldfrenchdoors... said...

That is so cute. i love it, yes 3hrs was well spent with such lovely results.

Sylvia (at) Lily's Pad and Petals said...

I think this shoe is really cute. The fun in making crafts/projects is the fun you have making them and it looks like you did have fun.

Necel said...

I think it's adorable. Nice job.

Necel from the Old House in Texas

BellaRosa said...

I think your shoe came out just lovely :) I love the colors that you chose and all the materials that you picked out for it...and I am not positive...but I am pretty sure that the picture of that beautiful little pink shoe that you love is by Nancy of the Fete et Fleur blog :)her creations are absolutely beautiful and her detail work is amazing...I wonder all the time how she does things so precise and beautiful....she even taught a class awhile back on how to make the lovely lil slippers :) I hope that helped. Besos, Rose

ps...I actually just went to her blog to get her link for you and there was the slipper :) Here is the link for her shoes, her main blog link is there too...enjoy :)

http://feteetfleurdesigns2008.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2009-03-02T17%3A42%3A00-08%3A00&max-results=1

Enchanted Rose Studio said...

Sandy, the slipper is lovely. For a first try and 3 hours you did very well! It would certainly be on display in my boudoir!

Cheers!
Tina

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Sandy,
So very pretty. You can do anything and give me inspiration to as well. Hey, I know the artist of the photo, she is a dear friend and very sweet soul. I will send you an email so you can credit her work. Chat soon.

Bella said...

Hi Sandy,
Thanks for stopping by & the Kind comments on the Mosaic :-) It was my first and I used Picasa, It wasn't a great program unless I am totaly missing something. It wouldn't give me the abilitly to pick a placement just scramble (you can pick center picture but thats all) I wanted more control and never really got it all like I wanted. So I'm looking for a better program.
Anyway I love your blog it's so drool worthy, I'll be sure to say Hi more often. Bella

meandering pearl said...

i love the paper you used, & the feathers!!! its beautiful!!!

Sunflower Farm said...

I love the the fancy slippers/shoes. very nice

Patyclau said...

I really love your blog.Congratulations

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails