Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Chippy White Lamp Table


I’m bored with what I’ve been doing with my lamp table, so I made a 'tabla rasa' of my table and decided to go for all white.


I bought this table around 2004 when I worked two full-time jobs, knowing $95 was a lot for a wobbly table, but I didn’t have time for the hit-or-miss of yard sales back then when I needed something.    I painted it white.    It’s from a housewares/antiques store in High Falls, NY called High Falls Mercantile that’s been featured in Country Living.    Jeff and Larry are wonderful people – please stop in if you’re ever in the area!


I love its fluted downswept legs.   



Candles are one of the things that make a house a home,
so I started putting one of each kind I have on.
It still looked too ‘bare and spare’.



It needed height, so I put my $20 Marshalls repro mercury glass finial on.
It needed romance, so I found a bit of lace.

Nothing looks good without flowers to me, so I put a spray of pink silk flowers on.    I have to wait until late April for white flowers.    It’s hard for me do 100% white because I love pink so!



I tried a cute little box, but it looked ‘heavy’.



My dainty dollar store play crown looks better.     I’d love to find or make one of those pretty tiaras I see on other blogs and websites.     Maybe I’ll get lucky.




Angela Harris’ paper ‘bubble’ flowers gave a gorgeous effect, like lilies.

Until next time, stay shabby!




Pin It

30 comments:

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Sandy ~
Your table is just beautiful ! I am like you, I love love whites and creams but love a little touch of pink too ~
xoxo
Lori

A Cottage Muse said...

Perfection! As always!

Kathy said...

Hi Sandy...
I'm right with you girl...
LOVE the whites...but need some pink in there too.
The table is gorgeous...and I do love the legs...
We've both posted about legs...Lol!
Great minds!
Have a good one,
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Sandy said...

You guys are all so sweet - thanks so very much!

Debby said...

I love it, looks perfect.
Debby

Nancy said...

Hi, I'm a new follower and enjoy browsing your site. This table is lovely and I like what you've added to it!

Nancy

Peridots Garden Blog said...

Hi Sandy! I'm also a new follower, I came over from Fiona and Twig...boy she was sooooo right your Blog is gorgeous and I love your little cottage!

Come by and visit when you get a chance!

Now I'm going back to read older posts in your Blog!

Lovin'
everything!

Sandy

Linda said...

Sandy, this is such a lovely vignette, and the candlelight just makes it magic...

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

That is a great post today. And luv the candles on that sweet table. I also luv the floors of that room..Thanks for sharing...Julian

Anne - Fiona and Twig said...

Hi Sandy!
Your table vignette is just perfect, sometimes you have to play a bit...add a piece here, move one over there...before it feels just right.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!
Anne

Glamor Girl Gone Goofy said...

Wow, beauty like this is present. Truly your home is so beautiful!

I found you through Fiona and Twig. So glad she posted about you and all this gorgeousness! I am a follower as of this very minute! I am looking forward to my visit. It is so peaceful and appealing…now I feel like I should be doing something pretty instead of working in the yard! Grins.
In pearls and flip-flops, we can save the world!
KrisTTie

Marlene said...

oh what a lovely table and tablescape! I also move things around untill I get just the right "feel" I love it!

stefanie said...

sooo pretty, I love the little touch of pink.

Nicole Tadgell said...

Ooo, those paper flowers look like such fun to make! They look like dogwood blossoms to me.

Rhonda said...

Gorgeous post and I so love shabby, I always will. The Angela Harris flowers just fit perfectly in that photo. Well done, all of it. I cannot wait to go antiquing now.

Jackie said...

Lovely!!!!

June said...

Sandy I love your little chippy table. I know just how it is when you are looking for just what you need. You found a gem.
hugs

Gary and Elizabeth~ said...

Hi Sandy,
How absolutely lovely and romantic. I adore your style.
Have a wonderful day,
Hugs, Elizabeth - Home is Where the Heart is

Claudia said...

Love the table - it is so pretty! I know High Falls Mercantile well!

xo
Claudia

Roseanna said...

How pretty this table and arrangement is. You really have at talent for display!

Rebecca said...

Hi Sandy
First time here and your blog is just beautiful...
Love the little table and your studio is to die for!
Many Blessings
Rebecca

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Ohhhh....it's so beautiful!!! Love the candlelight!

pieters said...

Everything is just so beautiful. I linked up your blog! lauren

Bella said...

Such A Beautiful Tabletop vignette! The candles and mercury glass finial are gorgeous together:-)
Bella

The Flying Bee said...

Hi Sandy!

I came over from Anne's blog. I LOVE your blog...it's gorgeous! I could sit here all day and look at all your beautiful images! I can't wait to follow you now!

Have a wonderful day!

Adrienne

Carole~Maynard Greenhouse said...

Hi andy,
Came over from Anne's blog. Now I'm smitten too. Count me in as a new follower.
xxx
Carole

Jill said...

All so very lovely--I came from Fiona and Twig and glad I did!

Anonymous said...

I've been looking for my Chippy everywhere. Come here little guy!.. aww... there's my Chippy.

Verna M said...

Sandy..I'm so impressed with what you've done! I have a tiara for your table - Pick one and email me. :)
http://www.sterlingsilverjewelrycollection.com/?type=Bridal&start=24
Hope this link shows up ok for you.
Great job.
Verna M

rêve blanc said...

All is beautiful ! What a dream !
Have a nice evening
Patricia

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails