Monday, April 26, 2010

My Shabby White Chandelier, Part 2


If only they sold brass wire already blackened with age! I haven’t discovered a product that will reliably tarnish new brass.


I painted the metal on these with Triangle Craft’s Sophisticated Finishes in Blackened Bronze from Michael’s, and it just sits on the surface and peels off easily.    It's very difficult and time-consuming.    I want something I can dunk them in.



After 4 months, the strand I purchased from Gallery 84 is finally starting to tarnish
after I soaked it in acetone, beads and all.



If only all the brass links on my chandelier looked like true old brass!



I have few pet peeves, but this is one of them.


This is what must be done when you find $15 yard sale chandeliers.   
Antique chandys are $1,500 and up.



This is the sole “English” prism I have, bought at Brimfield in September.    I don’t know if it really is an “English” style, or if these pendants are “French”, that’s what they’re called on Gallery 84’s site.
I haven’t looked it up in the library yet.





I have some prisms in the ‘chandelier hospital’, along with three arms that broke off.


I glue them back on with Crazy Glue.






Yummy original brass wire.


Sweet rosettes.    No place on my chandy for them so they’ll be in my art someday.


So, the top will look better when the 3 arms are fixed and hung.  
There’s just something about the sparkle of glass in a white environment!



I could just stare at chandeliers all day I love them so much!


‘Till next time, stay shabby!