Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Organizing My Magazine Slipcases


I cherish my shelter and garden magazines
more than most of my interior design and gardening books.
I keep them in these faded grey cardboard slipcases discarded from a retiring co-worker.



But they needed labels, so I immediately navigated to Beth at Tattered Vintage
where scrolly designs and shabby roses meet.


 

I bought sheet # 175, then I saw #90 (both are about $3.50 each) and wanted it for its French script in the background and fact the roses would enclose a frame suitable for an oval label.

Beth, as it so often happens, put a new collection (#187) on her blog days afterward that
I loved even more than the other two and bought it!



I love it for its soft, gentle blues, aquas, lilacs, and pink roses.   
 I Photoshoped the titles and dates on, but my printer didn’t reproduce everything
even close to their true beauty.



But now, it will be easy for me to find a twenty year old Victoria, or a scholarly article in Heritage Roses, or some breathtaking home in Romantic Country!


Until next time, stay shabby!