Friday, May 21, 2010

My Chippy White Iron Langley Bed


I saw a Langley style iron bed in a magazine around 1995, and fell hopelessly in love.  
 For nearly ten years, I passed many a 19th century chippy iron bed in antique shops
and yard sales because they were so ‘square’.  
My apologies for the 'bare and spare' look in this room in my old house
when it was on the market. 

It wasn’t until 2002 when I visited Zaborski’s salvage warehouse in Kingston, NY
I found this and had to have it, even though they wouldn’t
come down in price from the $300 on the tag.  
That’s a lot of money, but I’ve never seen a good one for sale before or since.



A Langley’s sweeping curves are so much more feminine, don’t you agree?


It’s one of the few antiques I’ve bought that didn’t require repainting or shabbifying, too!


May you always find what you seek, gentle reader.

'Till next time, stay shabby!