Thursday, May 6, 2010

Belle's Birthday: A Pampered Pooch Party


My daughter Belle turned 11 on May 1st, so I had a little party for her!



I found the perfect string of silky rose petals
at the incomparable Ozma of Odds.

 I planned the whole party décor around it.
It’s $8 for a 6’ strand.    Rosemary makes decorative items so exquisite
you’ll cheat yourself if you don’t visit her.

The banner is just scraps of white tissue cut with pinking shears,
the letters are free-hand glue sprinkled with gold glitter.




The birthday girl proudly displayed in an adorable
Rachel Ashwell Simply Shabby Chic frame from Target.



I made fluffy tissue paper roses and hung them all over!






I tossed white crepe paper streamers from the dollar store over
my antique chandelier and taped on a few silk cherry blossoms.





The rosette at the top is just a piece of the streamer
wound around itself and taped.





My King and I made a white cake with whipped cream frosting,
and pink meringue cookies shaped like bones for the humans.
Doggies get a dog biscuit wrapped in French candy cones made
from Tattered Vintage sheet #208 (about $4).

The cute pink crepe paper garland was a freebie
in a Sugar*Sugar order I received from Etsy.





The New Dawn pink roses are made from generic cone coffee filters.
This Martha Stewart tutorial is fun - I just wet them when they’re done,
dab only the centers with pink watercolor from a kiddie tray of paints, et voila!








The smaller size Tattered Vintage candy cone makes a great birthday
hat once you tape vintage seam binding in and tie it onto your pooch’s
precious little head!
Miss Belle and her sister ZuZu are ready to par-tay!
(Like many old ladies, later on she fell asleep at her own fete.)


Until next time, stay shabby!



I’ll be sharing this with Table Top Tuesdays at A Stroll Thru Life
and Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch.
You're invited to come along for the fun!