Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Decorating Tips from Nina Part V: French Mirrors











Photo:  Maria-Isabel Hansson 





Life, like a mirror, never gives back more than what we put into it.
Anonymous



Admittedly, these are a very tall order here in the U.S.  Affordable Louis Phillippe style mirrors just don’t seem to exist.  I rounded the top ends of two lovely chippy yard sale mirrors (one I bought for $2, one I had), and it’s not the same.   But I tried.  I think of them as anorexic French mirrors.

Want to learn more tips and where to shop?  




Until next time, stay shabby!




Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style  

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 


Pin It

10 comments:

Joyness Sparkles said...

Oh how pretty! Thank you so much for sharing these!

Ashley said...

I simply cannot get enough of this book, I look at it everyday, study it even...I adore it =) Xo, Ashley

NanaDiana said...

They are gorgeous- maybe a tad anorexic but gorgeous nonetheless. xo Diana

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I've thoroughly enjoyed Nina's book, and her personal message to me made it extra special. She's such an inspiration.

victoriantailor said...

Love these, would look so good in any shabby room!!!

michele said...

just lovely!

if you like, swing by my place where i am hosting a giveaway:
http://hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/07/summer-sale-giveaway.html

and keep sharing your lovely posts!

smiles.

michele

Kelly Clark said...

Actually Sandy, I like yours much better. So not a fan of gold...

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I love these mirrors! I was looking at your post about making the churchy candlesticks the other day. After I finish painting the house, I think I will attempt some. Summer is going SO fast. Hope you are well. Linda

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Must get my hands on this book!
You know how I love mirrors!

Mya.L said...

I had a huge one like that, found in an attic (got it for free!) in the late 80s. Unfortunately, couldn't take it with me when I moved to London 8 years ago. It left it behind in Paris and now belongs to one of my friends. I still miss it...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails