Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Conclusion: Nina Hartmann Says “Have A Thread”




















Orderliness

Listing my life
making an inventory
that's the way to perfection
no disorderliness
all of it lined up on the shelf
nothing lacking
except what was sold
put on exhibit and sold in a sale
gone forever at a cheap price






Nina suggests to "have a thread" -- a theme -- going on in your decor. 

There’s a thin line between having a collection and a flea market. 

Group like with like, color with color.

This is critical in small spaces.

Less is more.

Declutter.

I hope you enjoyed this series!




Until next time, stay shabby!



Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style  

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 
Pin It

13 comments:

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I have been enjoying all of Nina's tips and your posts Sandy!! Great advice! :)

Susan said...

Oh, that's something I need more of here - order! Wonderful series full of great advice and fab photos. Thanks so much Sandy!

SizzleandZoom said...

I loved this series. I learned alot.

Made in Persbo...Carina said...

And is´nt that just beautiful!!! :)))
Love, Carina

Zuzu said...

I enjoyed this series very much, Sandy - especially this last post.
Thank you!
Hugs,
Zuzu

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sandy,

Those words by Nina Hartmann are so true. Often things look like a flea market. A home should reflect the character and history of the persons living there and show 'A Thread'...
Love to you,
Mariette

Joyness Sparkles said...

I very much agree! Some peoples collections do look like a flea market!

Katherines Corner said...

Wonderful and true, I try giggle. I love all of the white dishware..sigh... xo

RaeAbigael said...

oh, i really love this post! :)
I love shabby chic! ^^)

anyway, i'm rae! an interior design student. (: If you have a time, please take a look at my blog: http://raellarina.blogspot.com/ and if you like it, feel free to click that follow button and make my day!

Have a nice day!~

Ivy and Elephants said...

I've enjoyed every installment of the Nina Hartmann book. I can wait to get my own copy. Sounds as if the reading is just as wonderful as the pictures.

Hugs,
Patti

Melissah said...

I am loving all of this gorgeous white shabby chic style! I just signed up as your latest follower & I look forward to popping back soon for some more pretty inspiration.

Melissah

ladydu said...

Thank you so much Sandy for this series. I loved it. And congrats on starting on a new journey.

dianne

The Vintage Farmhouse said...

Great tips. I've been decluttering like crazy the last few days!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails