Wednesday, May 23, 2012

'Vintage by Nina' in English!























The lilacs lift in generous bloom
  Their plumes of dear old-fashioned flowers;
Their fragrance fills the still old house
  Where left alone I count the hours.

High in the apple-trees the bees
  Are humming, busy in the sun, --
An idle robin cries for rain
  But once or twice and then is done.

from At Home from Church by Sarah Orne Jewett




Look who's here!

Nina Hartmann and Maria-Isabel Hansson's groundbreaking interior book 'Vintage by Nina' in English.
(Distributed in the U.S. by Atelier de Champagne in September 2012.) 

I've scanned a few images of my Swedish copy echoing the purples of my lilacs.  I absolutely don't mind books I can't read, but discovering more about Nina's aesthetic surely is better.  Corresponding with Nina a few months ago I relayed: America needs you.

Romantic yet minimalist, sentimental without saccharine.  

This is the first in a series relaying how Nina's influenced my cottage...så vackert! 




Until next time, stay shabby!




Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 











Pin It

16 comments:

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Oh, I'm so excited. Love Nina!!

Tinas vita bo said...

Beautiful!!
Love Ninas style!! :)

Hugs Tina

BELLE BLANC said...

Hi Honey,
long time no see! Nina's book will be released in german too, this autumn :)) can't wait to buy it...
hope you are fine.
Liebe Gruesse, Mira!

NanaDiana said...

How very beautiful. I don't mind books that I can't read either- as long as they provide me with beauty and/or are soul provoking- xo Diana

Bente said...

Beautiful. Love the photos

Have a nice day

Rhonda said...

Oh Sandy, this post is so dreamy, I don't want to leave.

Nina's images take me away...to a decorating heaven.

SizzleandZoom said...

What beautiful photo of her kitty. Love this look.

A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks for the peeks Sandy...what a treat!

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sandy,

Glad you enjoy this great book. It is always a work of art for putting any book together and photos speak their own language.
Wishing you a happy Pentecost and also a happy Memorial Day.
Love,
Mariette

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

This is such a gorgeous book Sandy!! I am excited for the English version too!

Katherines Corner said...

lovely to see there will be an English version! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop Big Hugs xo

Jacqueline said...

Oooh ... now there's a bit of much needed serenity! Thanks for this, you've added some calm to my morning.
Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you and sending you love from across the border. May it hurry towards you and wrap you up in a beautiful day ... X

Hubba said...

Love your style! I'm a new GFC follower from a blog hop. I would love if you came on over and followed me back at http://iheartpears.blogspot.com

Carolyn Robbins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn Robbins said...

Love the photo of the cat the best!

Mehul said...

Sandy, my likes are somewhat similar to you. I want to see more pictures from this book Vintage by Nina. So in your next post pls go it.

thanks.

~ Mehul
Marble mantel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails