Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Shabby Chic: Green & White Palette
















Isn't it delightful the way Rachel Ashwell designs new items in simpatico with the legacy of all her wares?  You could pair something you bought yesterday with something you bought twenty years ago and it’ll blend seamlessly.

Here’s a shot from last spring of my Simply Shabby Chic Cabana Stripe throw pillows, bought at Target six years prior for $15 each.   They’re wonderful for that crisp, fresh, summery look of a cottage on the sea.

And, freshly laundered Simply Shabby Chic (and a little Laura Ashley) bedding folded and stacked away.   After five years the colors are fading and fibers thinning, so it feels really vintage and comfy.   They’re the real life sheets, unlike the purest white new linen I keep for guests.   It’s a pity I didn’t think to dig up her sachets when I shot this, I’m certain you would’ve liked to see them.

My newest acquisition is a $1 packet of sticky notes and flags from her "Treasures" collection from Michael’s.   I keep some flags on my nightstand (where they are so much more restful on the eyes than those neon ones from the office), in my wallet, my blog binder, and on my computer.   Didn't hear she had new stuff?   Keep up with her on her Facebook page.

Thanks, Rachel!

Until next time, stay shabby!


Sharing with:


Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground
Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home

Favorite Things Friday at A Few of My Favorite Things

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage

Come join the parties!