Monday, February 7, 2011

Have A Heart






Montreal photographer Irene Suchocki’s work is full of heart, as if she traveled the world and waited all day for the right light for each shot.   Her $3 note card of the Eiffel Tower’s lights rendered in heart bokeh so ensnared my heart I could not rest until I learned the technique.  Above, a heart bokeh shot of my loft bedroom’s chandelier at dusk.



The Apache Blessing, spoken in my wedding vows and lived daily thereafter.
Pen: Rachel Ashwell, Graphics: Victoria, January 2011





My new Shabby Chic “Treasures” smooth ballpoint pen is perfect for sketching in the handcrafted diary given to me by Australian artist Chenoa O’Keefe of the dreamy blog bouquet of dreams.  Her blog never fails to nourish my heart with her sentiments and evocative photography.  Chenoa works in paper, fabric, and bits of vintage jewelry.  The elements of her journals have a past and a future at the same time, waiting for your words to fill them.




February 14th is a happy anniversary in my family for two extra reasons, for almost to the day my daughter Zuzu was born and we found ‘The Love Shack” (the name we privately call ‘My Shabby Streamside Studio’).   I’m pictured here minutes after we decided to buy it, and as always, I’ve got my heart dog close to my heart.


My heart soars to read your comments and email, and breaks because I haven’t responded to every one of your comments, especially those asking for design advice.   If you’re wondering why I haven’t blogged about something I won or bought, your time is coming, I promise.   I won’t do quickie posts to get that sort of thing over with; I want to make it nice.   I’m limited to 90 minutes on the computer the library, and that gets eaten up very quickly just with posting!   Snow closings haven’t helped, neither have the huge projects I’m working on.
Know also I’m hoping your heart is full of warmth in this freezing season, and urge you to touch others and ‘love like you’ve never been hurt’.   Valentines aren’t just for lovers.


Hot cocoa with whipped cream and tiny edible glitter hearts from Michael’s, $6.




Until next time, stay shabby!

 


I’m sharing with Beverly’s Pink Saturday, come join the pink party!