Friday, February 26, 2010

Shabby Antiques In Shokan


In the Catskills, there’s little bargain shopping to be had in the winter.   But, I suppose since it’s a holiday weekend, this little antique barn put a sign out on Route 28 announcing an estate sale, so I made a U-turn to investigate.




In the future, you will hear me complain I have few ‘props’ in the studio.   This is due to a) I don’t have any money, and b) I’m very particular. My heart has to stop beating in order for me to even pick something up to study it, let alone buy it.














I'll take you to this in March.  I went to their tent sale in September and was pleasantly surprised.

I didn’t see anything I wanted, but in case one of these shabby things interest you, call the proprietor at 845-657-6252.    He seemed like a nice man and stated he’s always buying and selling.




The yard sale season up here is from a little before Memorial Day weekend to late October, so we’ve many months to go.



Time to go home and play in the studio!




Till next time, stay shabby! Pin It

7 comments:

Sheila said...

I love the comment you made about your heart having to stop before you would even pick up something to look it over.. I am the same way. How fast i put it back down depends on what is on the little white sticker..

Garden Antqs Vintage said...

That green dresser is just precious. Headed junkin yesterday and had a blast, one of my most fav things to do. Have a great weekend, Theresa

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Morning Sandy,
Fun lil excursion there! I am like you if it doesn't make my heart sing, I don't care if it's a quarter it stays at the store unless I can think of someone else that would enjoy it.
Bet you can't wait for May to come.
Have a great day playing in your studio hon.
Blessings, Nellie

Claudia said...

Oooh - I will have to visit the show at Emerson. Thanks for letting us know (especially those of us who live in this area.) Have a wonderful weekend.

xo
Claudia

Beth said...

Virtual Junkin is so much fun with you. You're amazing! I might have gone for the platter. Have a great Shabby weekend!

Victoria said...

Some of those things were pricey so I don't blame you for being picky! Thank you for the little road trip:)

Charlene said...

OH I SOOOOOOOOOO want that tray!!!! Keep your eye open for lace & buttons (pearl & glass are my favs) for your Texas friends. You can be my picker in the north OK? Hope you are staying warm! Oh, I am so glad I can now leave you comments. LOVE your blog & so glad we have become blogging buddies! HUGS! Charlene

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails