Monday, December 3, 2012

Vintage By Nina Christmas Book Review






I want a kakelugn so badly.

































Contact these retailers for a copy ($70).
If they're sold out but receive enough pre-orders 
they may be able to order another batch.







Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o’er the plains,
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains.

Traditional French Carol translated by James Chadwick, 1862



I am not disappointed in the least for this heavenly holiday book.  Written in both Swedish and English, it is full of the most casually elegant French-Nordic ideas for decorating and entertaining.  It's going to come out of my bookcase and be read every November for inspiration.  And to think Nina and Maria-Isabel didn't even want to do a Christmas book at first!


Until next time, stay shabby!




Sharing with:

Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  




Pin It

15 comments:

Vintage och Morrhår/ Maria-Isabel said...

Hi Sandy! Just want to wish you a beautiful and calm December, you are a true inspiration, keep up those new studies. Better and easier times will come to you!
LOTs of hugs from a snowy frozen Sweden!

Sue @ Miss Phoebes Perch said...

Thanks for sharing. This looks like a "must-have" book! I hope you are having a great day. Sue

It's me said...

I love that book too Sandy..we sell it also in our shop.....it is great !!...love love love from me...xxx...happy december darling..x

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful book-sold out, huh? xo Diana

Het liefste thuis said...

The pictures look lovely...! I just ordered my copy with Ria (It's Me)! Can't wait to receive it. Have a lovely day, Hanneke

Michele said...

Hi Sandy,

Just wanted to say thank you for being one of my followers and wish you a joyful, peaceful, radiant Christmas full of the Light of the LORD.

Sincerely,
Michele
Pearl 13.1

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

I have wanted a "kakelugn" too since the first time I saw them in Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine. (although I never knew what they were called!!) I have searched online to see if we can get them here in the US but haven't come across anything yet. Merry Christmas Sandy.

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

I have wanted a "kakelugn" too since the first time I saw them in Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine. (although I never knew what they were called!!) I have searched online to see if we can get them here in the US but haven't come across anything yet. Merry Christmas Sandy.

Kim from The Sheep's Nest said...

I have wanted a "kakelugn" too since the first time I saw them in Jeanne d'Arc Living magazine. (although I never knew what they were called!!) I have searched online to see if we can get them here in the US but haven't come across anything yet. Merry Christmas Sandy.

Burlap Luxe said...

Thank you for sharing Sandy,
And your Romantic homes feature and front cover does not get any prettier then you !

Amazing beauty you create my friend.
Keep inspiring us, its just so calming.
xx
Dore

Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sandy,
Glad you enjoy your book, it looks really pretty. Have a great December and stay cozy.
Hugs,
Mariette

Katherines Corner said...

Dearest Sandy what a lovely review. This book is beautiful. Thinking of you and sending hugs your way xo

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks so lovely...I am hoping to get one for Christmas!

Daisy Pink Cupcake said...

I just love visiting your blog...so pretty and inspirational!
Daisy~

Cinderella Moments said...

Hi Sandy! I'm here for my dose of incredible beauty. And as usual I'm not disappointed. Those are gorgeous images. Thank you for sharing them. Merry Christmas!
hugs,
Caroline

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails