Saturday, December 22, 2012

Shabby White Holiday Outdoor Decor and Easy Scandinavian Style























I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

Irving Berlin




If you like all-white holiday décor in your home, why not try it outside your home?

Use white ribbon on your evergreen garlands and wreaths.  The inexpensive polyester/plastic kind is ideal because it holds up in fierce weather.

The skinny single wire wreath is made from small branches of boxwood wired around it.  It look a fraction of the time it takes to do full wreath.

While collecting evergreens from the woods for your flower boxes, look for branches on the ground with lots of lichen on them.  They fall from the tops of older trees and lie there, waiting for their beauty to be shared.  The green-gray rosette shapes and craggy branches are a lovely contrast to the soft forms of evergreens.  So very restful by compare to excessive displays in my opinion!



Until next time, stay shabby!


Sharing with:

Blissful Whites Wednesday at Timewashed  

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine'sCorner 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 







Pin It

12 comments:

Carolyn said...

Hi Sandy,
I saw your beautiful spread in the magazine and it was all very impressive. I really loved the shot of the deer that you captured.
Congrats also on the good marks you earned in school.
Wishing you a lovely Christmas and all the best in the New Year.
Carolyn

NanaDiana said...

You do it all so beautifully, Sandy. Blessings to you this Christmas. I hope it is happier than the one you had last year- xo Diana

Rhonda said...

Merry Christmas Sandy. I keep seeing your beauty all over blogland and in magazines, I smile!!
xo Rhonda

Debby said...

I hope you have a peaceful happy holiday. Hope things are well with you.

Marie Arden said...

Merry Pinkmas! The cottage looks lovely as always. I wish you health and joy in 2013.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...

oh what a lovely post Sandy. I am off for three days and hope to spend some time wallowing in the season and I just adore that skinny wreath you made. I love the white ribbons on your white house too~you do have the nicest taste. I thought the pile of logs in the house was artful as well...many wishes for a wonderful year ahead of you.

Tim Robinson said...

I dont know you, You dont know me, but i like what you have done with the little white house! I want one, very impressed wish i would have thought of it!!!!


Mariette VandenMunckhof-Vedder said...

Dearest Sandy,
Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy this long weekend!
Hugs,
Mariette

Pam said...

congrats on finishing up the semester and making such a great grade! molly is on her way home and madeleine and meredith are home. we are relaxing and i am ahead of myself in preparation for Christmas! only matt and meaghan and her husband, michael, are absent because they have to work. enjoy the long weekend!
joyeux noel!
XO
♥pam in indiana

tibby said...

Gorgeous as always!
I wish you the very best for the coming year.
XOXO
CRISTINA

Anne said...

Sandy I never ever get tired of seeing photos your cottage! So dreamy!And such an inspiration!Wishing you much happiness and success in the coming year!
xx
Anne

Forrest Long said...

Your page was posted un Tiny House Design post on my facebook page so I checked it out. What a beautiful, peaceful setting and a beautiful tiny house. I can see how you would enjoy it so much. Thanks for sharing.
Forrest

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails