Thursday, August 25, 2011

Vintage Chic: Old French Wire, Nordic Flair

















Reproduction mercury glass candlestick, $24 at The Sheep's Nest




So it’s today, and in the chokecherry this year:
the first leaves turn to ochre, there, by the open gate.

I grab the sweater you left on a chair, wrap it
around my shoulders, and – as I did for days last year

until I couldn’t keep up with the season – I pick
every single rusting leaf, each fading flower

and hide them in my apron pocket: their crush
clandestine against my belly.  It’s a simple gift

for you – for us – such an easy thing to do
for a few more days of summer.

from Fall by Laure-Anne Bosselaar




I purchased this heavenly wire basket from Stine Johnsen (Vintage Chic), who was paring down before her move to a new apartment in Oslo.  It’s old, from France, and has the loveliest rusty patina.  It was only about $40 USD after shipping, too, and she takes PayPal. 



Photo: Stine Johnsen, Vintage Chic
Enviable caddy.  Love the contrast between hard patinated wire and fragile old glass.




Photo: Stine Johnsen, Vintage Chic
Stine's work-in-progress Oslo apartment.  
She and her boyfriend are doing the renovation themselves:
I'm thrilled with every post.



Photo: Living



Stine’s in charge of social media at Living, a Norwegian furniture retailer.  Check out her Living Blog and Facebook page.  It’s her first job as a young interior design/journalism graduate and she shares “the latest news, trends, and inspirational pictures” and does it well.  
(Pages translate automatically if you use Google Chrome as your browser).



I visit her blog Vintage Chic regularly…not only is her home’s renovation fascinating to watch, but she divulges all the European magazine photos that drive me crazy and inspire me to no end.  
May Stine do so for you as well.



Until next time, stay shabby!



Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop at Katherine's Corner

Pin It

24 comments:

Jen of Country Weekend said...

Beautiful poem and inspiring photos!

Katherines Corner said...

lovely. Thank you for posting my shop polka dots ad so quickly. Sincere hugs of gratitude. Katherine

NanaDiana said...

I am headed over to visit. What a treat to read the prose-I can actually see that happening and smell the crushed leaves as they touch her tummy! Love it! xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

Wow-What a blog Vintage Chic has - I love it and signed up to follow and will go back when I have extra time to work my way through her blog. It is beautiful! xo Diana

Gracie's Cottage said...

Oh I love your basket...gonna go check out Vintage Chic now!

Jan

Rhonda said...

Oh Sandy, I so adore you French wire basket. One can never have enough of them.

I am staying shabby and painting everything white this week. It feels so good.

Blessings to you beautiful one,
Rhonda

High Street Cottage said...

Sandy one of these days I'll have to share my wire basket that sits on my island in the kitchen, we fill it with fruit etc. It's old, rusty, vintage, but charming. Yours is just wonderful too! You're always so poetic in your posts, which makes me smile, hugs, tami

Stine said...

I think I love you, Sandy <3 And all that kind words. *Blush*

Kisses, Stine!

les filles de la colline said...

tout est si charmant, un vrai poéme, belle journée

Curtains In My Tree said...

Thanks for turning us on to a new blog Vintage Chic

your wire is so , well Into that thing now ya know

love your read this day


Janice

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

Thanks for such inspiring and sweet comments, everyone!

Especially you, dear Stine!

xoxoxo

Sandy

It's me said...

O yes i read her blog too it is great !!...enjoy your weekend....love from me...xxx..

mycharmingsister said...

love this vintage stuff! I am a sophomore in college and am finding the BEST dorm room supplies are coming from vintage shops. check them out on my blog mycharmingsister.wordpress.com my next find is a clock for the wall the funkier the better!

Sizzle and Zoom said...

She has a beautiful blog. Thank-you for the link.

Lilla Blanka said...

Hi Sandy,

Lovely wire basket <3

I just love Stines blog too, it's full of inspiration! Just like yours :)

By the way, I have started to collect material for a french church candleabra ;) You inspired me to "dare to try" <3

Big hug
Mia

Jeanine Burkhardt said...

I definitely would have snatched up that WIRE BASKET if I had seen it!*!*! FaB Find Sandy!!!
Jeanine, ChiPPy!-SHaBBy!

Kathy said...

Well you've certainly inspired me to pay her a visit! I find your blog quite inspiring! Love the poem - wonderful,
Have a great weekend,
Kathy

chateaudelille said...

Ive got a similar carrier for glasses I shall have to dig out. i love stines as well. She has beautiful taste! fiona

A Cottage Muse said...

Thanks for sharing Sandy...off I go to be inspired!

Bring Pretty Back said...

Heading there now!
Hugs-
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Lynn said...

Sandy,
I just stopped by to see if you and your hubby and your homes are flooded or worse since you are in the Catskill MTs and I have seen the horror of the flooding there due to Irene. My prayers have been going out for you and your family since I first saw on CNN the flooding. I will keep checking back and checking FB to see if you are all ok. I know you have a stream on your property therefore I am very concerned. Blessings and safe passage.
Lynn

xo, chérie said...

such a lovely poem. fall is my favorite season, so i absolutely cannot wait for my scarves, pea coats and riding boots. thank you for sharing these unique wire details; perfectly shabby chic.

xo

http://chanteusecherie.blogspot.com

Shabbily By The Sea said...

Dear Sandy,
I love your wire basket and i adore the poem,so beautiful.
I have just cut some roses for drying,happy September sweet girl,
Love to you xxx

d e l i g h t said...

Sandy, your rusty basket is to die for! Vintage Chic has been a favorite blog of mine for a lont time. She's awesome! Have a great weekend.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails