Sunday, August 8, 2010

Gifts from Beth, Fifi, Mary, Rosemary, and ‘A Lady’




This is an Ode to A Lady, correction, five Ladies.   
I've given my sincere thanks to dear new friends that presented me with tangible home decor 
gifts this past spring of dizzy joy, and now I’d like to share them with you, gentle reader.





The first gift is from Fifi O’Neill, and I hope all her dearest dreams come true for her as she made 
mine: a feature in her magazine Romantic Country .    A French grave-marker memorial heart 
of iron and enamel, rescued from further rotting in the ground of a forgotten Gallic grave. 
These relics are dismissed by the natives, but some of us foreigners find them lovely.


“ICI REPOSE AUSSINE Marie, decedee le 4 Avril 1931, a l’age de 86 ans, regrets eternel”.



The Edwardian Lady Marie Aussine and her welcome ‘French accent’ will live on 
in my tiny studio, no ‘regrets eternel’ here.   Going forward, every time I see this heart, 
I will be reminded of Fifi’s heart—her love of life, beauty, animals, and having 
the heart to handcraft her dreams into reality.







The second gift is Mary Randolph Carter’s  latest book For the Love of Old
I don’t have a picture of it as it’s still on its way to me because she was moved by my feature 
in the Times.    If its spine turns out to be a color that doesn’t harmonize with my décor's
 palette, I will employ the book cover Beth of Tattered Vintage  gave me.    She instinctively 
knows what I need – even though I bought a cadre of her designs for the first of two tapings 
for a show I'm going to be on (I signed documents prohibiting me from sharing that with you
at this time, but I will later), she included this in the email.    
It’s the one I chose to illustrate for the segment, and I hope it makes it in.






The third isn’t a present in the literal sense because I bought it, the present was the gift 
of time and trouble from Rosemary of Ozma of Odds.    I know the lip of my loft is 
unfinished and ugly, but I am wondering how to resolve it cheaply and practically, 
for I still need to draw the curtains and place ladders there. 

Five days before the taping of the show I keep hinting at, it came to my sluggish mind 
that a pair of her $9 each pretty rose petal garlands would do, only in white.  



 A pair of Ozma of Odds rose petal garlands along the edge of my loft's facade.


I received them from the other side of America not only in time, but with her usual 
thoughtful packaging.    Needless to say, I was in such a hurry I didn't take the time to 
photograph the package, but it was lovely as always.   
Doing business with artists is bliss. 




An anonymous artist I will call ‘A Lady’ sent me multiple packages of art supplies 
of great desirability and use.    Pretty jars hold the good sort of German glass glitter, 
vintage pearls, lace, and ribbon.    I opened the latter up so quickly I tossed aside the idea 
of posting about that part, for I desperately needed lace trim for a eurosquare pillow 





…and bows for Lady ZuZu! 






I’m not sure how I deserve such tender gestures, but I sure am very grateful 
I have such sweet followers.    My blushing thanks to every one of you, each 'A Lady'.

Until next time, stay shabby!








Pin It

39 comments:

Linda said...

Such wonderful gifts, Sandy! Thanks for sharing them with us! I'm looking forward to hearing about your show!

Bella said...

Hi Sandy... A bounty of pretty and endearing gifts, good karma you have, and spread! The rose petal garland was a perfect touch to finish the floors edge, delicate and whimsical at the same time! I can't wait to see your magazine pages!
Bella

Prior said...

lovely little bits to add to your sweet place and just the finishing touches for your loft. The show news is exciting, can't wait for it to unfold. Lezlee

Home and Heart said...

Blog Friends are the best!! You share a lot of joy here! The grave marker is beyond amazing. Fifi is amazing!

Cabin and Cottage said...

So nice to get another post from you! And nice to hear about all the wonderful things that are still happening for you! Great to get a glimpse into your sanctuary and it's evolution. Best to you--Jacqueline

raggygirlvintage said...

You're a lucky gal, what a treasury of thoughtful gifts!
Tracey

My Sweet Rose. said...

Such beautiful gifts! Bloggers are just the best.
You studio looks so calm and tranquil.
Have a great time at the show.
Angela.

Fågel Blå said...

Oh suchs a beautiful gifts!
Lovely, lovely pictures!
Have a nice sunny sunday!
Kathrine

Itsbugart said...

Excuse me, was that heart *stolen from someone's grave*?!!! Usch!

It's me said...

What a great gifts !!! beautiful.....have a great time till the show !! happy sunday....love Ria....

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

Such lovely gifts! I love your photograpy your pictures are just beautiful!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh chère Sandy! Tout est magnifique! J'adore tout tes cadeaux! It is a joy to see what you are still doing to make this magic retreat almost a national treasure! I congratulate you on your innovation and making this sweet dream come true, ON A BUDGET! BRAVO! And everything looks great. That garland is perfect. Bisous, Anita

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful treat to the eyes this morning. Lovely-each and every item. Can't wait foryour "show" you tease! Hoping you have a wonderful, peaceful Sunday enjoying all that is good and beautiful. Diana

cityfarmer said...

I have this book ... I love even staring at the cover ...

come on over and visit ... I adore it

Holly- Girls At Heart said...

Enjoy! ♥

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Beautiful gifts! Love the grave marker!~Patti

Ozma of Odds said...

...ever so often, you come across another soul ~ whose core resonates melodiously with yours ~ and you just know you will never be the same...
Thank you dear one, for all the inspiration, kind words and JOY!
I adore you!
xo, Rosemary

Victorian1885 said...

Hello Sandy
Love your Blog..can't wait to hear moe about the show!

Wanda

Jackie said...

Such lovely gifts from lovely ladies for a lovely lady!

You are such a joy and and an inspiration, you have no idea!

hugs and blessings

Jackie

Debby said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. Your sweet doggy has the longest ears.

Zuzu said...

It's all so very lovely, Sandy, and I think you deserve every gentle gesture of love and friendship that comes your way!
Hugs,
Zuzu

stefanie said...

they are all gorgoeus!! and soooo perfect for you! have a wonderful weekend!

Millas hem said...

It's a lovely heart!

Hugs Camilla

Madelief said...

Hi Sandy,

Such lovely gifts!!

Wish you a happy new week!

Lieve groet, Madelief

Debi said...

Such beautiful gifts to add another wonderful layer to your already amazing cottage. You do meet wonderful people in blogland!
xo
Debi

Elyse said...

warmest congrats on all of the good things and gifts.

so happy to see urbangardens textiles noted. lizzie is the sweetest of the sweet and her fabrics are perfection.

xo
elyse

nathalie said...

I like you little world...it's so cute and pure...your home is so sweet...
i just discover your blog....i will come back

kisses

nathalie from chinerdslefroid.canalblog.com

My home is my Castle - by Kari said...

I LOVE your blog and I`ll soon be back :)

Hugs from Kari in Norway

Aunt Amelia's Attic said...

Such lovely gifts, Dear One. And you deserve each and every one of them. :-)

I still have so much to do, to master the tip you were kind enough to give me, on how to make photos have a soft and gauzeeeee look. But I linked to your beautiful blog this morning, and spoke of your lovely photos. [And that I was still "trying" -smile-] I hope anyone who happens by my little blog, will click on the link and discover your gorgeous blog!!!

Gentle hugs...

Ann said...

Is it weird that I love the grave marker too? Thanks for sharing with us. Your cottage is like a dream.

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh Sandy,
YOU deserve such things as you give friendship back without looking for something in return.

You've shown us such beautiful things, how sweet of Fifi, Beth and "A Lady".

The best week to you, you always lift my heart here with your caring spirit!

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Gosh, I really need a bit more caffeine... I meant to include Mary and Rosemary too! Better go get another cup of green tea ;)

a Bohemian Market said...

Hi Sandy:
You, my dear friend, are deserving!!!
What sweet treats.
I can't wait until you let us know when you will be on the Nate Berkus show : )
Also, I will make sure to pick up the issue of Romantic Country so I can read and see what FiFi so eloquently wrote!!!
Take care
peace
carole

Lori Katies Rose Cottage said...

Those are all so
beautiful Sandy !
I just love to visit
your blog to see
what you have done and
I love how you share
how you did it ~
Thank you bunches for
tons of inspiration !
xoxo
Lori

Tete said...

Hello- Kathy sent me! Beautiful blog, glad I found you!
Hugs- Tete

Queen of Dreamsz said...

Hi Sandy,

What lovely giftings you've received. Blogland is such a loving, kind, empowering subculture. I'm so happy I found it a few years ago.

I love following you and your tiny studio of bliss...what else do you need or desire for your sweet space?

I'll check back to see if you've let me know.

Happy Day,
Stephanie ♥

Cinderella Moments said...

I can't wait to see the show!

Caroline

Debbie said...

Wonderful gifts for a wonderful lady, to put in her wonderful studio.
Debbie@houseatthelake

charlotte said...

i love your blog and your little house!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails