Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Silent Night









St. Patrick’s photo: Jeff Hutton

St. Patrick’s photo: Corinne Cavallo



Photo: Paul Kolnik for the New York City Ballet



Sunday I was so tired in the afternoon I thought I’d lie down.   Nearly three hours later, I woke up to my studio at night.   I thought of all my favorite things on holiday evenings: walking in Manhattan with the smoky scent of burnt-roasted chestnuts, watching The Nutcracker, wrapping presents, Zuzu snuggled by the woodstove, my tree and its vintage ornaments, and the aroma of baking from my husband’s kitchen.

What do you love about evenings during the holidays?

Until next time, stay shabby!


I’ll be sharing this with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm


Vintage Friday at Common Ground

Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

Get in the holiday spirit with all the talented participants!