Thursday, June 24, 2010

Our New York Times Interview

Photo by Trevor Tondro for The New York Times


The real reason I locked my blog for a month is because the Times
wanted to feature our farm, and they insisted on being first to break the story.

I am writing this post twelve hours before I read it.
And, I still can’t believe my good fortune.
Thank you, Joyce Wadler, for seeing something in us;
and thank you, Trevor Tondro, for your camera eye seeing something in us!

Most of all, thanks to every one of my confused followers that emailed me
because they missed my blog.





The night before I got the ladder out after Swiffering the floor.




 
Trevor worked for nine hours.   He was very patient with us;
my King and I don’t take much seriously.   When he asked us to walk hand in hand,
we spontaneously starting singing, ‘Hey, Hey, We’re the Monkees’
while doing that step they did on their show.


And, he was obliged to climb the infamous 7 foot ladder to get shots of the loft.


We were obliged to pose more than we ever have in our lives--like the spurious weeding
and slow motion wood splitting--but we didn’t mind.
I’m really making a paper rose in this picture,
and my King made fresh rolls for Joyce and Trevor.



Little Miss ZuZu on my chair as always.



While Trevor worked, I picked some antique roses - Blush Hip and
Konigin von Danemark - for the shoot...







...and wild fraises des bois for him and his wife and baby daughter.


Photo by Trevor Tondro for The New York Times

Trevor had the idea to set votive candles all around my porch as dusk fell.
I wish I thought of that!

Until next time, and thank goodness next time finally is here,

Stay shabby!

xoxoxoxo