Friday, April 27, 2012

Purity: Handcrafted Artisan Soap by Me & The Boy




Ylang Lavender SLS-free soap from Me & The Boy













I highly recommend the Ylang Lavender SLS-free soap from Me & The Boy.   Clear undyed vegetable glycerin with a pretty baroque design betraying the lovely fact it was hand-poured in a small cottage industry batch.  It lathers, it smells lovely to me: that note of old-fashioned, unmasked, work horse soap smell.  I can use it on my farm and it won't pollute my stream.


(What's Sodium Lauryl Sulfate? Who Cares?

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate - SLS - is an ingredient in many cleaning products, hygiene products, and toiletries we use daily. Its function is to remove grease and oil…but it does its job so well that it also causes health issues ranging from eczema to canker sores.

People with sensitive skin are particularly susceptible.

--Definition and text from Squidoo.com.)


Meet the maker of the soap and other products such as candles, bath products, and home decor: Tanya Picano of Toronto.  Her story inspires:


“Me and the boy is just that.  I am Tanya, and the boy is my son Val.  I have been a stay at home mom since his birth, I had no choice as my son had many issues.   He's almost 4 now.  Having ADHD and him as well, life can be very interesting…like many high needs kids needs alot of 1 on 1. 

Our company is based on the belief that our customers' needs are of the utmost importance.  I am committed to meeting those needs.  As a result, a high percentage of my business is from repeat customers and referrals.  We love custom requests and have a broad range of intrests.

I would welcome the opportunity to earn your trust and deliver you the best service and product I can.”


I bought her maple-scented soy candles for a shoot.  Loved them.  She's chock full of creative stuff.  Hurry over to Me & The Boy and see for yourself!




Until next time, stay shabby!




Sharing with:

White Wednesday at Faded Charm 

What's It Wednesday at Ivy & Elephants 

Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style  

Favorite Things Thursday at Katherine's Corner 

Creative Things Thursday at The Vintage Farmhouse  

Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 

Feathered Nest Friday at The French Country Cottage  

Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home 

Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 

Show & Tell Friday at My Romantic Home 





Pin It

8 comments:

Sally@Enlightenment for the Sleepy said...

Stunning soap,it's so beautiful. I think I would be scared to leave it out in case someone used it. I'd love this in my guest bathroom though, Sally x

Celia M. said...

Just visited the website, WOW!!! fabulous assortment of soaps, candles , scrubs and jewelry!!! Thank you for introducing this fabulous boutique ... Toronto ? maple-scented candles? Is she a fellow Canadian? Though we live in the country we have a city home in the city (Toronto) too!! XO HHL

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Stunning photography! that soap is just beautiful, and that's not usually something that can be said about soap. I'm off to check out the website. Have a lovely weekend, Sandy!

Michele said...

Hi Sandy ~ Thanks for sharing the information about the soap. I enjoy finding new products that are unique.

Michele ~

Katherines Corner said...

I love handmade soap, I make soap too. This sounds divine. I think of you often my friend and hope you are smiling. Hope you feel this HUG!! xo P.S. thank you for linking to the hop too

InWhite4You said...

Lovely soap and organically made. Thanks for suggestions great bloggs with shabby chic and French countrystyle. Those I will follow hereadter. // Lena

Susan said...

Hi, Sandy:

I just wanted to let you know that I picked up the latest issue of Romantic Home with your studio on the front cover - it was a wonderful article, with lots of gorgeous pictures of your beautiful little retreat. I loved it!

Susan

Katherines Corner said...

thinking of you. Hugs and thank you for joining in the hop fun. xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails